Thursday, November 25, 2010

Glenmorangie Lasanta

Glenmorangie Lasanta is one of the Sherried expressions from Glenmorangie. The other is Sonnalta PX. Lasanta is finished for two years in Oloroso Sherry casks, while the Sonnalta PX is finished in ex-Pedro Ximenez casks. For more information on Glenmorangie, please see my review of Glenmorangie 10.
On to the review:

Nose: Brown sugar, oak, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, candy apples, raisin - classic Sherried nose - very nice!

Palate: Oak, waxed fruit, cinnamon, toffee

Finish: Almond, coffee, chocolate - short and dry

Overall: For me, the best part of this one is the nose - which is excellent. Unfortunately, it fizzles out from here. There is nothing flawed on the palate, but definitely nothing exciting either. The complexity of The Original is nowhere to be found. The finish, while nice, is very short. While not bad, this would not be my first choice of Sherried drams, but I guess it is worth a try. Availability in the US is not as good as The Original, but should be fairly easy to find in stores. In my area, this one runs around $50/750ml.

For my review of Glenmorangie Original, click here.
For my review of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, click here.
For my review of Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or, click here.

Please follow me on Twitter - USScotchReview
Email: AmericanScotchReview@gmail.com