Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or

This is my fourth Glenmorangie review in the past three months. This is the last one I have planned for a while, unless I bump into a bottle of Sonnalta PX or Finealta. If anyone would like to see a review of Astar, please let me know.

For more info on Glenmorangie please see my review of Glenmorangie Original. Links at the end of the review. On to the review!

Nectar D'Or is Glenmorangie's Sauternes finished whisky. It is a twelve year old, spending the last two years in Sauternes casks. The production of Sauternes is quite interesting, and if you are not familiar with Sauternes and how it is produced, I recommend clicking here.

Nose: Honey, and fruity - apple, pear, pineapple, and grapes. In the background - spice, vanilla, light oak

Palate: Honey, fruit

Finish: Grape with toffee and almond in the background

Overall: I was not quite sure what to expect from this expression after not being very impressed with Lasanta, but really enjoying Quinta Ruban. This is a very easy drinking, sweet, complex expression - very nice. This is the expression for the person who enjoys The Original, but wished it were sweeter. This would also be a good choice for someone just learning about Single Malts or Whisky in general.

There is no doubt that this is a high quality expression, but it is a little sweeter that what I typically prefer, but good for a change. However, if you have a sweet tooth, this is highly recommended.

For my review of Glenmorangie Original, click here.
For my review of Glenmorangie Lasanta, click here.
For my review of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, click here.

Twitter - @USScotchReview
Email: AmericanScotchReview@gmail.com

P.S. Have a Happy New Year! I am planning some changes for the New Year, maybe even some pictures! Stay tuned!